Two time's a charm! | Zoom H4 Handy Recorder Review
 

Two time's a charm!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

This is my 2nd Zoom portable studio; have had the PS-04 for several years now but it was very limited due to the small memory card (128mb) and no USB cable connectivity, although it has a nice built in drum machine with many, many pre-programmed styles. It was more for capturing creative riffs or ideas not really doing serious recording.

However, the H4 is much better. My only complaint is the small LCD screen and with these aging eyes I have to wear glasses to read the display, otherwise a sweet device. Still exploring all it does and have not yet loaded the Cubase LE software as I use ProTools LE already. What I most like is the ability to connect to a laptop and use it as a portable studio to record gigs or demo CDs for friends.

Related Articles



0 comments:

Post a Comment