A good handy recorder for the Money | Zoom H4 Handy Recorder Review
 

A good handy recorder for the Money

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Initially, I had problems with the recorder of interfacing with the Mac and I had to go to the website ZOOM (in Japan) and download the file needed to get my Mac Leopard recognizes the H4 as a USB drive. The only problem was that I needed a Windoze machine to upload the file to my SD chip. To work around this problem, I put the chip in an SD card reader (you can find for $20) and upload the file that way. When done, my Mac Leopard recognized the chip card.

Before me all this, and waiting for my card reader to get there, I played the H4 directly Garageband 08 through my source of input. I was able to play my changes needed with GarageBand and adjust the sound and volume accordingly. H4 have Cubase LE 2.0, is OK, but only 2.0 and version up to 4.0. I did not see if Cubase can be upgraded at no cost because I did not use it.

I use the H4 to record the readings and homilies for our site as a pod cast. The process of capturing the sound as an MP3 file, transferred to iTunes and then use iWeb to publish your pod cast fairly easy after learning the proper way that the Mac needs to copy and transfer files.

The H4 features two ways to record the sound you choose, WAV and MP3. If your looking for a quick and dirty recording and audio transfer. MP3 the only way to do it. If your a purist sound, you must recording in Wav. The only problem Most computers can compress the WAV files to MP3 or MP4 to play. So your purity lost unless you purchase a program to save the wav file in its raw format. Wav also a lot more memory both the SD chip and consequently on your computer.

Really, H2 more likely need anyone to record in real time. The H4 had the possibility record 4 channels, which can be complicated if you do not need this ability. The cost difference between the H4 and H2, based on shares today does not very different.

Related Articles



0 comments:

Post a Comment