Zoom H4 Great and Sweet Product | Zoom H4 Handy Recorder Review
 

Zoom H4 Great and Sweet Product

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I do not want to repeat it others have written. This product is not as ugly and flimsy as other people have written. I do not know what they are looking for. A tank or a tape recorder!

I use it for mobile recordings for my podcast. At least I plan to. But for now I am using it to record my 2 year old. I can place it on a table where he can't see it and it will record him with incredible audio quality.

The built in mics are stellar. You can't beat the price. I was considering higher priced units but this one is absolutely perfect.

Panel LCD a little small, but it works well. Not very difficult to use. Read the manual once or twice. You will need a three pin female XLR to 1 / 4 "XLR cable to connect a microphone with XLR output. The foam windscreen is not included Big for the situation of wind. I made one myself of eco - fur from a fabric store and works great. There need to spend $ 60.00 for a windshield. AA batteries do not last very long in order to keep a lot of extras. I use A / C adapter when possible. You get a lot of money, XLR inputs and 48V and 24V phantom power. I did not use phantom power yet. Somewhere I read the AA batteries can only handle up to 24V phantom power and you need a / c power to 48V. The Numbers don''t know how accurate that. This a great product, but I heard H4n even better if you can spend more money.

Related Articles



0 comments:

Post a Comment