Zoom H4 Handy Camcorder Secret Weapon | Zoom H4 Handy Recorder Review
 

Zoom H4 Handy Camcorder Secret Weapon

Sunday, October 25, 2009

I have not heard much about utilities The H4 for video, and it what I intend to explore. With the price of mini-DV camcorders and even HD consumer continues to fall, the only thing that separates (most) of their pro and prosumer cameras a lack of microphone inputs and the lack of a headphone output to monitor the audio.

One of the uses failed to H4 the Neutrik combined XLR and Inputs (with phantom power), make it an ideal front end to interface with cameras mics pro consumers. We are dedicated interfaces that do this, but the H4 The added value of being a digital recorder, so only are you able to use professional microphones and phantom power to them also an audio back-ups, as professionals. An added bonus can use the H4's headphone jack to monitor your sound.

I used this set up to run some test shots for a documentary I was shooting. I made a small diaphragm condenser in an H4 channel XLR input and a crown PZM entry of others. I used the condenser on a boom for audio primary subject, then place the PZM near the subject, but the frame to get the same sound with a little atmosphere of the room. In practice can run two small capacitors, or a lavalier and a microphone on an arm, or a lavalier and PZM, etc. The only restriction that both microphones have to run on phantom power (or not, you can spend the phantom power on or off the menu, but the problem is with both inputs Neutrik).

I ran the 1/8 "stereo line out from the H4 into the microphone in my camera (Panasonic PV-GS300). I was only able to monitor the sound after I performed a test and played again, but what I have heard in playback been fairly consistent with what I heard in the headphones while recording H4. Another added bonus I now have a way to back up audio recording to memory card H4. I shoot with a crew very small, so this feature cam really at hand, especially during changes of the tape. Even if you're saying your subjects to hang while you change tape can let the H4 run and catch any type of audio is not could be repeated after the change of the tape. If they say something really deep (that is) and simply not have the same power when they are asked to repeat it on camera, audio H4 still there, So, you've got something.

The H4 can Pro microphones let you use your camcorder for consumers, they give you the possibility to monitor the audio and you give a backup of your audio editing. This a bargain!

Related Articles



0 comments:

Post a Comment