Great, cost-effective, Handy digital recorder | Zoom H4 Handy Recorder Review
 

Great, cost-effective, Handy digital recorder

Sunday, October 18, 2009

I was very impressed with the H4 recorder to date. Contrary to what some reviewers have said, I found VERY user-friendly interface and very intuitive, once I started using it. I looked at the book for ~ 1 minute before use, and it was immediately up and running, without further assistance.

Before purchasing the H4, I read a series of reviews to compare this product to its competitors, including the Edirol R-09. I was worried because such judgments made sound like the interface for the H4 been kludgy and / or difficult to manage. Eventually, I decided to buy the H4 anyway, why, A) all the reviews said the quality sound was great (which much more important IMHO), and b) been at least $ 100 cheaper than the competition. I thought, if the quality sound was good, I could understand the interface. Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised by both.

I find the H4 easy to use, and the quality sound excellent for the price. The only thing I want control fine-tuning of the level of microphone input. The simple L / M / H switch ok, to make setup fast and great, but I wonder what it would be like to be able to have greater control over these levels mic. (On the other hand, a) I love the cost of the H4 compared to competitors, and b) if I did have more control, you probably spend more time fiddling with levels, and less time actually recording ...)

If you are looking for a great, portable, easy to use, low cost and the digital recorder, I would recommend the H4. (Oh, and do not forget, this is also with Cubase.) If you want to see one of my examples of using the H4, I have a video that was recorded using the H4. I recorded the video using a camera Logitech PC, and the sound on H4, and then combined using Windows Movie Maker.

Related Articles



0 comments:

Post a Comment