Good product but not compatible with my powered condenser mics | Zoom H4 Handy Recorder Review
 

Good product but not compatible with my powered condenser mics

Thursday, September 24, 2009

I bought this product from a friends recommendation and reading reviews. It is the only small (hand held) digital stereo field recorder of these types with XLR external mics connections. I bought the unit so I could plug my DPA powered condenser microphones using the XLR connections.

The Zoom comes with phatom power but the DPA's have there own preamp and power supply which is a higher voltage system. I am getting distortion even when the input gain is turned down. The signal coming from the mics is at line level. These powered mics don't seem compatible with the Zoom H4

Related Articles



0 comments:

Post a Comment